TEDxGlasgow 2015 was an incredible success. Now that June, and the remnants of summer, seem like a bit of a distant memory, we’re working on a number of very exciting Salon events (we’ve even had some already) and building up to an even bigger and better TEDxGlasgow 2016.
What is a Salon?
Our salons aim to keep our local TEDx community engaged. They are a channel by which to continue the conversations from the main event and make lasting change. Welcoming smaller, more intimate audiences than that of the main event, salons can be a mix of live speakers and/or screenings of TED/TEDx talks.
What Salons have we run?
Our last Salon was run in partnership with Apple at their Buchanan Street Store and focused on ‘Digital Futures’. The aim of the session was to explore how digital is changing our societies and behaviours, where it is taking us next and the things we need to consider. This is just one example of the types of topics we cover.
But, these Salons take time and effort to organise and we are now looking for extra hands to help us make them happen.
Who are we looking for?
Have you ever watched a TED or TEDx talk and felt inspired? This feeling of inspiration grows even bigger by being part of a local TEDx organisation. We are on the hunt for individuals who are excited about helping to instigate change and start conversations of real meaning. People who want to make a difference to their local community, city or country.
What skills do you need?
- Confidence to engage with members of the public
- Strong communication skills
- Open, friendly and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team and take initiative
- Organisational excellence
Four reasons why you’ll love helping create TEDx Salons:
- They are the catalyst for engaging discussions and ideas.
- A tight focus on one specific topic or theme.
- Salon events range anywhere from dinner party settings to mini standard TEDx events, and all the things in between.
- They are fun and rewarding!