Please note applications for our TEDxGlasgow Award 2017 are now closed.
What the award is about
TEDxGlasgow is looking for innovative ideas that dare to make positive change. We want to provide a platform to share big ideas and offer support to develop them into an idea worth doing.
The idea can be from activists, scientists, artists, educators, entrepreneurs, technologists — you name it. Ideally, the nominee is a visionary who thinks big, and a strong leader with the skills to make things happen. You can nominate yourself. You can nominate a colleague, a mentor or a friend – as long as they are happy for you to do so and they are happy to participate.
We are looking for an idea that:
- Takes people, the planet, profit and purpose as its starting point
- Answers a big question
- Inspires people
- Has a link with Scotland
- Your idea is, as a minimum, a clear and defined concept and you are passionate about making it happen?
Exposure to smart people and the help of some of TEDxGlasgow’s extensive expert community would come at just the right time.
- You want to pitch your idea live at TEDxGlasgow 2017.
- You want to be coached on making a great pitch and developing your big idea.
- All the applicants will be judged on the following criteria; Concept, Value and Impact. Please see the application form for details.
- 10 applicants will be shortlisted to give a 5-minute presentation to the panel of judges.
- 2 finalists will be selected to present at TEDxGlasgow 2017.
- The judges will be representatives of TEDxGlasgow, external business leaders and investors. Read all about our 2017 judges here.
The winner of the TEDxGlasgow Award 2017 will;
- Be the first ever winner of the TEDxGlasgow Award and will be profiled across our social channels to our massive audience.
- Join an elite group of innovators who have been awarded TEDx awards across the globe.
- Grow their network with our audience of decision-makers and doers.
- Receive support and coaching from experts aligned to the idea of the winning project
- A little tech surprise!
The Timetable 2017
- 2nd February: Applications open
- 9th March: Applications close
- 27th April: Shortlisted applicants pitch their ideas to our judges, who will choose the finalists
- May: Two finalists will be mentored to help with their pitch
- 2nd June: The 2 finalists pitch to the TEDxGlasgow audience, the audience will choose the winner
- July – October: The winner will receive support and coaching for their idea from successful business leaders in Scotland.
Nobody associated with TEDxGlasgow or its 2017 Partners can apply. Decisions by the judging panel and TEDxGlasgow audience are final. We will share details of applicants as part of the final judging process.