We’re very excited to announce that tickets for our 2019 event are now on sale. We look forward to welcoming you to explore our theme ‘Connection’ on Friday 14th June at the SEC Armadillo, where we’ll uncover exciting new ideas and speakers.
Please purchase your ticket for TEDxGlasgow 2019 below.
Our Theme: Connection
Whether it’s making them, breaking them, discovering them or searching for them, connections have shaped, and continue to shape, the world we live in. With the rapid advancements in technology, our world is more connected than it has ever been – physically, emotionally, digitally, scientifically and even metaphorically. Or is it?
We invite you to join us at TEDxGlasgow 2019 to uncover the best and brightest ideas and innovations. Be part of an inspirational day, attended and watched by curious individuals from across the globe.
TEDxGlasgow is a not for profit initiative; all the income from tickets goes towards the cost of putting on the event and running the organisation.
Please note that there are limited tickets available and the past few years we have sold out prior to the event. If you can’t be there in person, we’d love for you to get involved in the conversations on our social channels and you can watch all our talks after the event online – get engaged, enjoy and get motivated!
The TEDx movement stretches far beyond just one sector, idea or city. It extends across borders reaching millions of people worldwide and stimulating positive change.
Expand Your Mind
You'll hear from speakers from all walks of life on topics vast and varied. Plus, you'll be joining a massively diverse audience all curious to learn, grown and share.
When & Where?
TEDxGlasgow 2019 will take place at the SEC Armadillo, Glasgow on Friday 14th June 2019. Running from 8am until 5pm, it will be a jam-packed day of inspiration, fun and connections.
What do you get with your ticket?
Not only does your ticket give you exclusive access to this world-class event, full of inspirational speakers, entrepreneurial individuals and exciting labs, but it also allows us to bring you a diverse mix of entertainment, and great food and drinks throughout the day.
This wouldn’t be possible without the support of our partners and dedicated volunteers, who work hard to ensure we can deliver the best event at the most affordable price possible.
Ticket prices exclude VAT and the small Eventbrite booking fee.
Concessions include full-time students, senior citizens and the unemployed.
Terms and Conditions of Sale:
- You must be 16 or over to attend the event.
- Dogs will not be admitted (except guide dogs).
- If you have selected concession tickets you must bring with you proof of concession.
- Like all TED events there is no reserved seating.
- Latecomers will not be admitted to the event until a suitable break or interval.
- The use of recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Tickets are non-refundable from Tuesday 14th May 2019.
- Tickets cannot be refunded after this date except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the event. Name changes are possible.
- A change of speakers shall not constitute a substantial alteration. We will try our best to replace cancelled speakers with replacement speakers of equal stature although we may not be able to guarantee this.
- If the event has to be interrupted or abandoned no money will be refunded if more than half of it has taken place.
- TEDxGlasgow, its partners and associated parties have permission to use any event images or videos. Attending the event signifies your consent to appear in any such images or videos.
- TEDxGlasgow reserves the right to refuse admission.
For all ticket queries, please email [email protected]
Public institutions, such as the Bank of England, were created by the public for the public. Yet public trust in, and understanding of, these public institutions has been eroded, including by the financial crisis. How can this be changed?
Catherine has used the world’s best telescopes to map out the invisible dark matter in our universe and confront different theories on the dark universe. In her talk, she explores this dark enigma and explains why she thinks that in order to truly understand it we need some new physics that will forever change our cosmic view.
The world of work is changing rapidly around us, but by present measures the UK’s productivity is woeful, and yet we work long hours. Clearly, something isn’t working.
Take a look at a few highlights from 2018
Is it June yet?!!! twitter.com/TEDxGlasgow/st…