We’re very excited to announce that tickets for our 2018 event are now on sale. We look forward to welcoming you to explore our theme ‘Rethink…’.
Please buy your ticket for TEDxGlasgow 2018 below.
Our Theme: Rethink...
It’s time to challenge the status quo. To consider new perspectives. To rethink the way we address our world and all things in it. Whether it’s a radical reassessment or a minor adjustment, let’s come together to discover the possibilities presented when we approach things anew.
We invite you to join us at TEDxGlasgow 2018 to uncover the best and brightest ideas and innovations. Be part of an inspirational day, attended and watched by curious individuals from across the globe.
TEDxGlasgow is a not for profit initiative; all the income from tickets goes towards the cost of putting on the event and running the organisation.
Please note that there are limited tickets available and the past few years we have sold out prior to the event. If you can’t be there in person, we’d love for you to get involved in the conversations online and you can watch all our talks after the event online – get engaged, enjoy and get motivated!
The TEDx movement goes beyond just one sector, idea or city. It expands across boundaries to reach millions of people worldwide and stimulate positive change.
Expand Your Mind
You'll hear from speakers from all walks of life on topics vast and varied. Plus, you'll be joining a massively diverse audience all curious to learn, grown and share.
When & Where?
TEDxGlasgow 2018 will take place at the SEC Armadillo, Glasgow on Friday 1st June 2018. Running from 9am until 6pm, it will be a jam-packed day of inspiration, fun and connections.
Who Will You See?
Speaker applications are now open and we encourage you to apply and nominate. Previous speakers have ranged from rocket scientists and quantum physics professors to elite athletes, artists and technologists.
What do you get with your ticket?
Not only does your ticket give you exclusive access to this world-class event, full of inspirational speakers, entrepreneurial individuals and exciting demo labs, but it also allows us to bring you a diverse mix of entertainment, great food and drinks throughout the day and an evening reception with canapés.
This wouldn’t be possible without the support of our partners and dedicated volunteers, who work hard to ensure we can deliver the best event at the most affordable price possible.
Ticket prices exclude VAT and the small Eventbrite booking fee.
Concessions include full-time students, senior citizens and the unemployed.
Terms and Conditions of Sale:
- You must be 16 or over to attend the event.
- Dogs will not be admitted (except guide dogs).
- If you have selected concession tickets you must bring with you proof of concession.
- Like all TED events there is no reserved seating.
- Latecomers will not be admitted to the event until a suitable break or interval.
- The use of recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Tickets are non-refundable from Friday 27th May
- Tickets, in general, cannot be refunded except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the event.
- A change of speakers shall not constitute a substantial alteration. We will try our best to replace cancelled speakers
- with replacement speakers of equal stature although we may not be able to guarantee this.
- If the event has to be interrupted or abandoned no money will be refunded if more than half of it has taken place.
- TEDxGlasgow, its partners and associated parties have permission to use any event images or videos.
- TEDxGlasgow reserves the right to refuse admission.
In his talk, Richard illustrates how through creativity and dogged commitment, he has defied gravity, with his iron-man like suit. With pioneering technology, he is leading the way to becoming a true ‘rocket man’.
Dare to dream; dare to reinvent human flight.
During her time as an elite-level athlete, Lee learned to manage her pre-competition nerves but noticed how few other women compared to men chose to put themselves in that position. When she first began racing the anxiety Lee experienced pre-competition was almost overwhelming, but she slowly got used to managing it and realised that this anxiety was actually a performance enhancer.
War is complex, political. You have to feel it to understand it. War is about lives interrupted. BBC Middle East Correspondent, Quentin Sommerville, invites you to feel and understand how personal and intimate war truly is, explaining why we should let journalists into our living rooms.
Check out the highlights from previous years
@TEDxAstonUni Thanks for sharing guys 😊