We’re very excited to announce that tickets for our 2019 event are now on sale. We look forward to welcoming you to explore our theme ‘Connection’ on Friday 14th June at the SEC Armadillo, where we’ll uncover exciting new ideas and speakers.
Please purchase your ticket for TEDxGlasgow 2019 below.
Our Theme: Connection
Whether it’s making them, breaking them, discovering them or searching for them, connections have shaped, and continue to shape, the world we live in. With the rapid advancements in technology, our world is more connected than it has ever been – physically, emotionally, digitally, scientifically and even metaphorically. Or is it?
We invite you to join us at TEDxGlasgow 2019 to uncover the best and brightest ideas and innovations. Be part of an inspirational day, attended and watched by curious individuals from across the globe.
TEDxGlasgow is a not for profit initiative; all the income from tickets goes towards the cost of putting on the event and running the organisation.
Please note that there are limited tickets available and the past few years we have sold out prior to the event. If you can’t be there in person, we’d love for you to get involved in the conversations on our social channels and you can watch all our talks after the event online – get engaged, enjoy and get motivated!
The TEDx movement stretches far beyond just one sector, idea or city. It extends across borders reaching millions of people worldwide and stimulating positive change.
Expand Your Mind
You'll hear from speakers from all walks of life on topics vast and varied. Plus, you'll be joining a massively diverse audience all curious to learn, grown and share.
When & Where?
TEDxGlasgow 2019 will take place at the SEC Armadillo, Glasgow on Friday 14th June 2019. Running from 8am until 5pm, it will be a jam-packed day of inspiration, fun and connections.
What do you get with your ticket?
Not only does your ticket give you exclusive access to this world-class event, full of inspirational speakers, entrepreneurial individuals and exciting labs, but it also allows us to bring you a diverse mix of entertainment, and great food and drinks throughout the day.
This wouldn’t be possible without the support of our partners and dedicated volunteers, who work hard to ensure we can deliver the best event at the most affordable price possible.
Ticket prices exclude VAT and the small Eventbrite booking fee.
Concessions include full-time students, senior citizens and the unemployed.
Terms and Conditions of Sale:
- You must be 16 or over to attend the event.
- Dogs will not be admitted (except guide dogs).
- If you have selected concession tickets you must bring with you proof of concession.
- Like all TED events there is no reserved seating.
- Latecomers will not be admitted to the event until a suitable break or interval.
- The use of recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Tickets are non-refundable from Tuesday 14th May 2019.
- Tickets cannot be refunded after this date except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the event. Name changes are possible.
- A change of speakers shall not constitute a substantial alteration. We will try our best to replace cancelled speakers with replacement speakers of equal stature although we may not be able to guarantee this.
- If the event has to be interrupted or abandoned no money will be refunded if more than half of it has taken place.
- TEDxGlasgow, its partners and associated parties have permission to use any event images or videos. Attending the event signifies your consent to appear in any such images or videos.
- TEDxGlasgow reserves the right to refuse admission.
For all ticket queries, please email [email protected]
“I remember wishing they would kill me to make it all end.”
It takes courage to speak the unspeakable. But for many years, Madeleine Black felt too afraid and too ashamed to utter a word of what happened to her.
Violently attacked at the age of thirteen, her story is one of pain – but also of recovery, strength, and forgiveness.
When you throw something away, where is ‘away’?
From straws and takeaway forks to coffee cups and cling film, around 40% of the plastics we use are single-use and a mammoth 91% of all plastic isn’t recycled.
It’s no wonder the world is choking on it.
Alarmed by the scale of the problem, Laura Young decided to kick her plastic habit and work towards a zero-waste lifestyle. In this entertaining talk, she shares how she went from plastic abuser to conscious consumer.
Over the last 100 years, despite the fact that women’s rights have come a long way, there are still massive inequalities experienced by millions of girls and women across the globe. The facts are that 1 in 3 women have suffered physical or sexual violence in their lifetime. 603 million women live in countries where domestic violence is not considered a crime. The list is much longer…
Women and girls endure injustice, disempowerment, misogyny, rape, violence and human rights abuses on an appalling scale everywhere.
To challenge and change these deep-rooted injustices, Annie Lennox believes we need to stand as a community of Global Feminists.
Take a look at a few highlights from 2018
Exciting for #Glasgow to be named the host of this important UN event on climate change 👏🏻
RT @MrJackProctor: "On average, 4 men in this auditorium will die by taking their own lives".
This statement sent shivers up my spine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…