Following the success of the TEDxGlasgow events over the past six years, we wished to commit to developing something custom in response to the Scottish Government’s 2018 Year of Young People initiative, designed by and for young people from across Scotland.
The new standalone [email protected] event has been launched to showcase the amazing talents of young people in Scotland, whilst providing them with a unique platform upon which they can share and access diverse and revolutionary ideas.
We look forward to welcoming you to the SEC Armadillo on Thursday 31 May 2018!
Switch it up and step out of your comfort zone.
Consider the other option, explore new ideas and discover your full potential. This is the year of young people, so let’s seize this opportunity and celebrate our generation.
We invite you to join us at [email protected] 2018 to uncover the best and brightest ideas and innovations. Be part of an inspirational day, attended and watched by curious individuals from across the globe.
Check out our 10 fantastic speakers below and then scroll down to purchase your ticket (FREE for under 18s).
What do you get with your ticket?
Your ticket gets you loads. You get exclusive access to inspirational speakers, entrepreneurs and cool demo labs, exposure to an exciting mix of entertainment and refreshments during breaks.
None of this would be possible without the support of our partners and volunteers, who work hard to enable us to deliver an amazing event at the most affordable price possible.
Under 18s – FREE (by bringing your own lunch)*
Under 18s – £15 (includes lunch bag)
18-26 years old – £15 (includes lunch bag)
Refreshments are included at breaks.
*PARENTS! Please let schools know about this brilliant opportunity. If you need more info to send to teachers, please email us [email protected]
If you are a young person dependent on a carer, they can come along free of charge – please contact [email protected] to get your discount code.
- You must be 12 or over to attend the event. (sorry no ‘babes in arms’)
- Anyone under 16 must accompanied by an adult (18 or over). Accompanying adults can attend for free if bringing their own lunch (please choose the no lunch ticket option when booking). Up to 1 adult per 9 under 18s.
- Dogs will not be admitted (except guide / service dogs).
- Like all TED events there is no reserved seating.
- Latecomers will not be admitted to the event until a suitable break or interval.
- The use of recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- By attending this event, you give your express consent to your likeness to be included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be used in any media for any purpose at any time including for promotional purposes or for safety reasons.
- Tickets are non-refundable from 10th May.
- Tickets, in general, cannot be refunded except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the event.
- A change of speakers shall not constitute a substantial alteration. We will try our best to replace cancelled speakers with replacement speakers of equal stature although we may not be able to guarantee this.
- Event Organisers reserve the right to make alterations to the event or advertised arrangements made necessary by unavoidable cause.
- If the event has to be interrupted or abandoned no money will be refunded if more than half of it has taken place.
- TEDxGlasgow, its partners and associated parties have permission to use any event images or videos.
- TEDxGlasgow reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Further conditions of entry will be displayed at the venue.
TEDxGlasgow is a not for profit initiative; all the income from tickets goes towards the cost of putting on the event and running the organisation.
Any questions? Contact us direct at [email protected]
Fancy volunteering on the day?
For the first ever [email protected] we are looking for committed individuals who are excited about this event and work well in a team. Each volunteer will be part of the delegates experience and will be responsible for making sure they have the best time possible.
On the event day, volunteers will be asked to help with various jobs including registration, ushering, catering, directing guests and a range of unknown tasks that will appear on the day! All volunteers must be approachable, polite, adaptable to change throughout the day and enthusiastic about their job role.
To find out more and apply head on over here.
The TEDx movement goes beyond just one industry, idea or city. It expands across boundaries to reach millions of people worldwide and stimulate positive change.
Expand Your Mind
Hear talks from speakers from all walks of life on a whole host of topics. Plus, you'll meet an awesome group of young people from all backgrounds, eager to be inspired and grow.
When & Where?
[email protected] 2018 will take place at the SEC Armadillo, Glasgow on Thursday 31st May 2018. Running from 11am until 4.30pm, it will be a day of discovery and excitement.
Meet the youth team
Lead and co-designed by young people for people. This is the youth team who will be supported by TEDxGlasgow mentors, Glasgow Clyde College, Glasgow Clyde Education Foundation and our other partners.
Trish Campbell, Project Co-ordinator; Julie Wayt, Marketing Co-ordinator; Aimee Robertson, Production Co-ordinator; Chloe Coghill, Marketing Co-ordinator; Rebekah Fisher, Volunteer Co-ordinator and Aida Vallespi, Speaker Co-ordinator.
“We’ve benefited from a hugely receptive audience in Glasgow for our events over the past five years but we’ve always been very much more focused on a more adult audience. The 2018 Year of the Young People offers us an incredibly exciting chance to create a project that offers students a rich and ‘real life’ learning experience, as well as delivering a major event to a younger audience. We can’t wait to get started and invite all of Scotland’s youth to attend in 2018.”
Our Youth Partners
We’re very thankful to our incredible partners YOYP, Glasgow Clyde College, Glasgow Clyde Education Foundation, EventScotland and Glasgow City Council, all of whom have made it possible to run this awesome event.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organised events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED talk videos and live speakers are combined to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.
This event is a local, self-organised event branded TEDx, where x stands for independently organised TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organised (subject to certain rules and regulations).
Whilst TEDxGlasgow supports [email protected] this event will be run by a different team and supported by independent partners, including Scottish Government, Visit Scotland, the Glasgow Clyde Education Foundation and Glasgow Clyde College.
FINAL CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
If you haven’t already and want to be part of an amazing event then click on the link… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…