Following the success of the TEDxGlasgow events over the past six years, we wished to commit to developing something custom in response to the Scottish Government’s 2018 Year of Young People initiative, designed by and for young people from across Scotland.
The new standalone [email protected] event has been launched to showcase the amazing talents of young people in Scotland, whilst providing them with a unique platform upon which they can share and access diverse and revolutionary ideas.
We look forward to welcoming you to the SEC Armadillo on Thursday 31 May 2018!
Open Mind: Switch it up and step out of your comfort zone.
Consider the other option, explore new ideas and discover your full potential. This is the year of young people, so let’s seize this opportunity and celebrate our generation.
We invite you to join us at [email protected] 2018 to uncover the best and brightest ideas and innovations. Be part of an inspirational day, attended and watched by curious individuals from across the globe.
Speaker applications now open
Anyone from 12 years old+ can apply (no maximum age!). Deadline March 6.
More information can be found by heading over to our speaker application form.
Tickets on sale!
To find out prices and to book scroll below.
Any questions? Contact us direct at [email protected].
The TEDx movement goes beyond just one industry, idea or city. It expands across boundaries to reach millions of people worldwide and stimulate positive change.
Expand Your Mind
Hear talks from speakers from all walks of life on a whole host of topics. Plus, you'll meet an awesome group of young people from all backgrounds, eager to be inspired and grow.
When & Where?
[email protected] 2018 will take place at the SEC Armadillo, Glasgow on Thursday 31st May 2018. Running from 11am until 4.30pm, it will be a day of discovery and excitement.
What do you get with your ticket?
Your ticket gets you loads. You get exclusive access to inspirational speakers, entrepreneurs and cool demo labs, exposure to an exciting mix of entertainment, and great food and drinks throughout the day.
But none of this would be possible without the support of our partners and volunteers, who work hard to enable us to deliver an amazing event at the most affordable price possible.
If you are a young person dependent on a carer, they can come along free of charge – please contact [email protected] to get your discount code.
- You must be 12 or over to attend the event. (sorry no ‘babes in arms’)
- Anyone under 16 must be in a group of between 5 (min) and 9 (max) young people (maximum) and each group must be accompanied by an adult (18 or over). Accompanying adults pay the same price of £15.
- Dogs will not be admitted (except guide / service dogs).
- Like all TED events there is no reserved seating.
- Latecomers will not be admitted to the event until a suitable break or interval.
- The use of recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- By attending this event, you give your express consent to your likeness to be included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be used in any media for any purpose at any time including for promotional purposes or for safety reasons.
- Tickets are non-refundable from 10th May.
- Tickets, in general, cannot be refunded except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the event.
- A change of speakers shall not constitute a substantial alteration. We will try our best to replace cancelled speakers with replacement speakers of equal stature although we may not be able to guarantee this.
- Event Organisers reserve the right to make alterations to the event or advertised arrangements made necessary by unavoidable cause.
- If the event has to be interrupted or abandoned no money will be refunded if more than half of it has taken place.
- TEDxGlasgow, its partners and associated parties have permission to use any event images or videos.
- TEDxGlasgow reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Further conditions of entry will be displayed at the venue.
TEDxGlasgow is a not for profit initiative; all the income from tickets goes towards the cost of putting on the event and running the organisation.
Meet the youth team
Lead and co-designed by young people for people. This is the youth team who will be supported by TEDxGlasgow mentors, Glasgow Clyde College Foundation and our other partners.
From left to right and top to bottom:
- Aida Vallespi, Speaker Co-ordinator
- Aimee Robertson, Production Co-ordinator
- Chloe Coghill, Marketing Co-ordinator
- Christopher Gilchrist, Marketing Co-ordinator
- Julie Wayt, Marketing Co-ordinator
- Lauren Kerr, Project Co-ordinator
- Rebekah Fisher, Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Trish Campbell, Project Co-ordinator
“We’ve benefited from a hugely receptive audience in Glasgow for our events over the past five years but we’ve always been very much more focused on a more adult audience. The 2018 Year of the Young People offers us an incredibly exciting chance to create a project that offers students a rich and ‘real life’ learning experience, as well as delivering a major event to a younger audience. We can’t wait to get started and invite all of Scotland’s youth to attend in 2018.”
Our Youth Partners
We’re very thankful to our incredible partners YOYP, Glasgow Clyde College, Glasgow Clyde Education Foundation, EventScotland and Glasgow City Council, all of whom have made it possible to run this awesome event.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organised events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED talk videos and live speakers are combined to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.
This event is a local, self-organised event branded TEDx, where x stands for independently organised TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organised (subject to certain rules and regulations).
Whilst TEDxGlasgow supports [email protected] this event will be run by a different team and supported by independent partners, including Scottish Government, Visit Scotland, the Glasgow Clyde Education Foundation and Glasgow Clyde College.
Did you know it’s only 99 days until TEDxYouth Glasgow??? We’re down to double digits and we’re so excited!! 🤩😆… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Speaking at TedxYouth Glasgow is an AMAZING opportunity to share an idea, make an impact and challenge the views of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Tag below someone you think would be perfect for speaking at our TedxYouth event 😬 We want to hear from you!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Interested in coming along to the very first TedxYouth conference in Scotland ? You can get you tickets here by cli… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…