Volunteer applications for TEDxGlasgow 2019 have now closed
Thank you for your interest. For further volunteer enquiries or clarification, please contact: [email protected]
TED is a global phenomenon dedicated to spreading ideas worth sharing which cover almost every topic — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. The TEDx programme allows local groups to come together and put on events with local, inspiring and powerful speakers.
TEDxGlasgow has been running since 2012 and will hold this year’s event at the SEC Armadillo on Friday 14th June where we will welcome over 2000 guests. We will welcome thought-provoking, inspirational speakers, thinkers and doers to our sixth annual event where we will explore the theme ‘Connection’.
Our values are important to us and our team play an important part in making sure we always live up to what we aspire to. Our values are:
- Always innovating – we are affecting real change and we do that by bringing new ideas and being original and creative in our thinking.
- Being collaborative – we work together and help each other achieve our best.
- Inspiring others – through our work we inspire others to bring about systematic, macro-level change in their fields of work.
- Making an impact – everything we do is geared towards having an impact, be that on an individual, an organisation or society.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who get excited about change and who want to make a difference to our city and the world we live in. Every volunteer is key to the overall success of TEDxGlasgow and will be responsible for ensuring our delegates have the best experience possible.
Volunteers on the day will be asked to help with ushering, clearing up, registration, catering, directing guests and a range of other tasks We ask that all volunteers are friendly, approachable, willing to work hard and adaptable to change throughout the day. Communication is key and you should be an effective team player.
All volunteers must be available to attend a short interview in Glasgow on either the 14th, 15th or 16th of May, as well as the main event which will be held on Friday 14th June at the SEC & Armadillo. There will also be a compulsory training day on the evening of Wednesday 5th of June in Glasgow City Centre. For those who are able to, we will also need additional volunteers to help with the setup of the event on Thursday 13th June.
What will you get out of it?
This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your skills, meet new, fascinating people and have fun at the same time. All volunteers will be able to add their experience to their CV and we can provide a reference if required.
You will also receive benefits on the day such as:
- TEDxGlasgow T-shirt
- Meals and Refreshments on event day
- Networking Possibilities
- Opportunity to watch some of the TEDxGlasgow talks
- Invitation to volunteer’s post-event party
- Take part in a great experience, and have fun!